Sunday 5 December 2010

A very late night, indeed.

Again, I fight for the right of rest, my favorite chair awaits, I could make a pot of tea and lay back with a good book and relax for once, but NO!

She denies me constantly, filling my ears with her wails of resentment, I cannot take it anymore, my arms hurt of so much carrying, I turn her night light on in hopes of her calming down.

"Stop...baby, mama's tired." I croon in a voice that was not mine.
"Bagatywagaababa!" she cried, a pout on her lips, tears in her eyes.
"Papa's asleep, I want to sleep, its your time to sleep."
"Nonononono!"she cried again.
"Alright...fine." I put her back in the crib and let her cry it out, putting my hands over my ears to stop her shrieks from effecting my eardrums.

I turn my gaze away, willing myself not to make eye contact, as she peeks at me weakly from beyond the bars, then that insolent little grin sweeps her face and I'm faced with a...

Demon!

I clamp my mouth shut, start for the door, I hear her wails begging me to stay, but I carry on downstairs put my ear phones on climbing down the stairs intent on fixing me a meal...

15 minutes later...

I cannot hear her, I grin with self satisfaction reach for my book, and drink out of my favorite cup, then I hear her again...

"Mama..."

"Mama..."

"Mama..."

Her wails turn broken, a tone I never heard before, she's usually such a brat, I climb up the stairs once more and when I look into her crib, I see tears on her cheeks, her blanket clutched in her tiny fist and a sweet mumble of "Mama..." on her lips.

"I love you too." I whisper smoothing her miniature curles, a tug at my heart and tears of my own threatening to come out, I kiss her brow and soon she's asleep.

:')


Okay...tea's turning cold XD

6 comments:

  1. Awwww allah y5aleeha lech! :*

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how cuuuuuuuttttttttttteeeeeee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. * L, 7beeebty enty! Ameeeeen <3 she's a headache but I love her.

    Her, thank you for stopping by my dear :* and she is a cutie when she wants to be. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fedait galbha .. Tetraba fi 3ezkum enshallah :*

    She sounds adorable mashallah :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Motherhood is HARD :/

    Allah ya36eech else77a wel 3afya wetshoofeenha 3aroos yaaaa rub :***

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant beauty, To the outsider she's adorable but to me she's a headache I'm just hoping this is a phase and she'd grow out of it.

    Glitter, You have no idea!! XD ameen ya rab :')

    ReplyDelete