Tuesday 14 December 2010

Allow me.






I'd like to touch on a topic here, since this is a blog and people browse here from all over the world I'd like to get some input...

Ever notice that when a couple are together and decide to do something which from your point of view would benefit one over the other...? ever think that person holds the cards?

Or in our own Khaleeji societies. "Mstagwy 3ala mrtaaa? wala mstagwyaa 3ala raylhaa?"are common phrases. We intend to see one of those in a relationship as the follower and the other as the leader.

Kinda like one dominating the other...

I'm kinda facing a similar situation, kinda show's how our society is one big sexist hypocritical mess, my husband and I for example are going through a big change, and his extended family (Which from my point of view have no business with my life...but, would anyone listen if you tell them?) anyway...they keep telling him that "you don't have to do this?!" and other stuff...he got the gist of it though, he thinks that they don't want him in the follow-eee category of it.
When all in all, were just a couple that sit down and deal, yes! there are times when we had trouble in our marriage but It wasn't like "Hey I'm the better person here!" WTF! How could anyone base a relationship on that?!

Anyway my point here is that, people always persume that when the husband is making his wife happy! She's dominating him and vice versa...there is never love, respect, or understanding when these nobody's assess those unexpecting couples.

That's something I noticed about our societies, one is either submissive or dominant there is never an understanding of "Equality" in the formula.


Btw that picture, is from the new Disney movie "Tangled" GO SEE IT! Your gonna walk out with a grin on your face coz Disney's Back!! :D

1 comment:

  1. Our society is not very fair with women. Coming from a person who grew up learning that men should be served food first, and guess who should serve them :P I'm not saying every1 was raised they way I was but I see that a lot. And that I come from an educated family, I studied in private schools and now I'm abroad. I agree when you say people always expect one side to be dominant. When a man is the dominant side then its ok, but if the lady is then thats when people start talking. People judge others in general. I guess its just human nature. When people stop judging others and be happy not interfering maybe thats the time where no1 will expect dominance in relationships.

    I hope that made sense lol I'm falling asleep :P

    ReplyDelete