Monday 4 October 2010

There was a girl- Paris- Part 2







She walked on swiftly past the many passers, moving on towards a safe haven, she was so shocked she couldn't even pull her mind together to stay as serene and ladylike as she usually was.

How could it be?!

It was ages ago, years have passed yet the image of him in her mind stayed imprinted for so long, and when she saw him back there he looked for all the world like an older version of his nonchalant self, yet he seemed much more still...

Broken.

Just like she was, she realized it now, they were both pieces of two twin vases that the world knocked over.

Fear, circumstances, bad choices.

And her.

She shouldn't even dwell on it anymore, so he was here....so what!

She should just ignore the little setback and go on enjoying herself, she was a self centered bitch after all, at least thats what anyone would think after what she did to him.

With a sure slow walk she continued back to her five stare hotel on the corner of the impeccable street, unbeknownst to her that he was behind her, walking towards her with a firm resolve.

"Wait!" he called out.
And she stopped, her mind reeling at the sound of his voice, her eyes closing for a moment relishing the sound of him once more.

So he was real.

She turned slowly, with a rise of her chin, looking onto his eyes searchingly, she waited for him to close the distance and when he did, her heart twisted at the feelings he awakened within her.

"Hello."He said though he seemed to hesitate on what to say, perhaps feeling awkward on what to do now, and she found herself utterly charmed by the little boy quality in him.

She gave a shaky nod, and with a gulp replied softly to his greeting, though her hands clasped and unclasped at her fine leather bag handle.

His eyes looked into her face then roved boldly down the length of her, registering her jeweled finger in the process.
"Who is he?" he asked nodding towards the big diamond, his eyes showing the hurt of her betrayal .

"No one you know." she said scoffing at the question, turning sideways intending to flee once more, he grabbed her arm turning her towards him, mindless of the gawking passers go by, "Try me." he hissed.

With that warning she whispered a name, and recognition flickered in his eyes, "The son or father?" he asked sickened.
"Father." she replied feeling her self sinking more in his eyes.

When he raised his eyes to hers again a sneer plastered itself on his handsome face, and he shoved her back a midst the shouts of "Monsieur!!" probably begrudging him manhandling her.

Freshly new with pain, a tear fell unheeded down her cheek this time she did not turn away, she stood there watching him watch her with churning emotions.

Why did I let you go.

She could feel him trying to gain control of his emotions sending his hand to run through his soft dark hair he turned once more towards her and mumbled "Sorry..."
He stepped closer still, this time his hand touched her cheek a finger brushing away her tear, his eyes masked from any emotion "Would you mind joining me for tea? Its been so long..."he said his husky voice sending shivers down her spine, with another shaky nod she complied placing her hand in his and relishing the warmth of him.

With that she walked by his side and crossed the street to the cafe beyond, all silent companionship after the storm of they're reunion.

5 comments:

  1. I came back and regarde!!!!! you wrote it, oh please do finish it, I'm anticipating it now, oh la la, merci ma chérie! <3

    Amazing and yet so quick, small and so many emotions, bravo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again Arabella!

    I'm so happy your back, and yes I shall continue this, the story is growing on me and I do hope your enjoying it as much as I did writing it, I shall be writing the next part as soon as I figure out where to go with this. :D
    Btw Are you french?
    Hope you don't mind me asking, just curious! :P
    And thanks again for your support, it lifts me up that you find my writing enjoyable, Merci mon ami. :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me with your writing!
    Love this story.... I don't know where I want it to go ... (As if i'm the writer :P)
    But I feel bad for her... maybe the choice she made when she was young was wrong... well definetely it was... AND OMG A FATHERRRRR?! especially since apparently she could have married the son!

    When's the next one out ?! :P

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Prima Donna,

    cute name btw, are you really an opera singer? or... is that ur actual name?? =)

    and yes, I adore ur story, please do continue =)

    In regards to ur question lol, no sweetie I'm not French, however my great grandma was... so it's in my bloodline lol... I'm actually British Arab :) I'm just fluent in Latin hence being able to speak French, Italian, Spanish and most European languages... =) Hope that answers it! and no worries, I'm pleased you asked. :)

    Now, finish that story missy!!!! jks! :)

    t.c now,

    -Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. No, I'm no opera singer. :P
    Its just a nickname.

    My my, That is interesting! <3 Well that explains it, must be really convenient to speak in different tongues, :D

    I am actually typing it down as we speak, don't worry It should be posted real soon!

    Can't wait to see your thoughts on the next post.

    Keep those comments coming. :D


    *L, I must confess I was disappointed not seeing you comment first hand, I love your encouraging words! God bless...you really know how to make my day! Actually I kinda wrote the "Father" thing about a friend of mine she married a rich old man and she isn't happy even though she's blinged up from head to toe every time I see her. I always imagine how would it be like if she married for love...so thats where I got the idea.

    ReplyDelete