Sunday 8 January 2012

Her/Paris

She continued sipping her tea, all silence and contentment.

Her service butler for the evening witnessed the exchange with unchanged eyes, obviously ignoring wonderment over any emotional conversations between the strange man and his kind mistress.

"Est-ce fini, madame?" he inquired, taking a step forward sensing the young lady needed a moment alone, and thought taking the finished tray out might give her just that.

"Oui, Henri. Merci." she answered as she laid back her empty cup
She needed the quietness, she needed to gain back her mind, this was not the way of married women.


Yes. She longed for him.

So damn much.

His kind words, his gentle voice, his lips on her hand, his eyes.

God!…His eyes.

It was just like looking into the past all over again, but this time it was looking right back.


What am I doing, lord?!

And as if she needed more reminding, on que her phone began to ring, she wiped away her nose, and looked into the screen.


She cleared her voice and answered it.

"Hello, darling." she spoke in a girly tone she perfected along the years.

"Hello, my dove." his raspy voice replied from the other end, "Are you enjoying your time?"

"Very much!! How are things back home?" she answered warmly.

"Everything is fine, everyone misses you. I've been busy with business as usual, were opening a new firm in Italy…I was hoping we'd meet there! You always wanted to go."

She fidgeted in her place, and cleared a wrinkle from her dress listening to his endearing plans, "I…I don't know. Paris is agreeing with me at the moment…It just seems so…abrupt." she replied trying to sound diplomatic, "Can't I stay here and meet you back home when your done?"

"No, my dear. You cannot." he replied in an air of authority, completely contradicting his easy tone from before. "It won't be for another couple of months until you see me again. No I insist! If I don't meet you there…I'll just come to where you are."

She almost saw him right then on that last note, a regal smile on his lips that broke away the crow feet at his eyes.

"I'm never going to be rid of you, Am I?" she replied jokingly, and her mind a face of boyish handsomeness that was never to be came into her vision.

"Afraid not."He replied on the other end, but then warmly he replied, "Enjoy your time there its not for another two weeks…don't worry."

She clicked the "End call" button and shrugged like a limp doll on the sofa, she felt horrid, the sick yearning in her chest tugged at the sanity of her mind and made her more confused than ever.

What am I doing?!
She screamed in her head , she didn't want to betray her husband, but the thoughts of him in her mind so fresh after so many years, her heart unchanged made her question her allegiance.

She shook her head out from dreadful mood and decided she should keep the past in the past and not go looking for it, Italy sounded amazing and her husband did miss her terribly…that was better than indulging in this barren romance.

her last thoughts as she looked out her balcony, her eyes roving over the sparkling Eiffel tower was

I lost you once. i don't deserve you again.

And so was the curse of the heavens, having something she could've had so close and available yet so far and distant …now; its better, greater and more valuable than ever before.

She could've settled for the boy that was the man, but now here he was the man without the boy she once knew;
A sarcastic chuckle escaped her, bitter humor at the end that was hers.

A knock at the door sounded the return of Henri, and she glanced his way before looking back towards the spectacular scene.

"Madam! pour vous, Un message." he announced handing the small envelope, inside the note read:

" Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray. "

Oh my god.

On the other side of the note it read, "Come to the tower tomorrow."

Her poor heart began beating frantically, sending her a verse by her favorite poet was pure torture, she could only take too much before she gave in, shaking her head from the haze of confusion she crumpled the piece of paper and tossed it in her pocket.



============================

To all of you wondering the verse is by Lord Byron! I adore him!! and Yes good news! I'm getting back into this if anybody is still anticipating! Stay tuned!! :D

2 comments:

  1. YESSSSS! Your back and I'm so glad, I read this story over and over again, wondering how it would end or what would even happen next. Please do keep writing and don't disappear again!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Arabella,

    You have no idea how your comments uplifted my spirits! It really means a lot to me that someone had been anticipating my story, my cousin whose a journalist actually think these His/Her posts of mine actually got the chance to be turned into a novella, but I'm already working on another novel at the moment. I apologize for the long hiatus, This will definitely be continued.

    Please check back often, God only knows I need whatever encouragement I could get right now.
    Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete