Saturday 3 March 2012

Italy-Paris/ The turning point

His mind had been racing, the effects of her note had driven him for long nights of wakefulness and a somber mood, his coworkers had commented that he was not himself ever since he had set foot in the city of lights; but they did not know his true reason.

This trip had brought out the child, boy and man in him, it had been fun working on such an exclusive project but his worries had turned from professional to extreme personal, it all happened when he saw her…

Of all the people he had to run into it…it was her.
He was always told that god worked in mysterious ways but this was a cruel joke.

His first love thrown into the streets of paris just in time for his arrival,

Ever since then, his dreams would be about her, the mysterious softness of her, eluding him like always even in his own slumber…

Not this time. His mind reasoned, this time she'd come back to him, riches or not, she would be truly his.

The inside pocket of his suit carried a small black box, in the crimson interior of it, laid a rock that might seal his future forever.

If only she'd come back sooner though, it was almost a week since her departure, and he had this itch in his spine something was not right..

****************************************

"So you dare come here?!" Spoke the graceful woman rising in a growing tantrum of her daring to interfere with they're family matter, sons and daughters stood around her like a military force ready to attack with just a word from they're hysterical mother, blocking away the white bed behind them from view.

"It could not be helped, he is my husband too." Replied the younger lady, words of ice against her oppositions screams of fire.

"Not for long, you idiot!" Said the first wife, "You were hoping for the inheritance yes? You little slut, my husband had supplied investigators after you…it seems you were canoodling with that man, I even received pictures of your affair, It only became more apparent when my love came to tell me of your request for a divorce…you want to go back and join with that man is that it?"

"I was raised to be a lady ma'am, and I ask you not to use such language when addressing me, and I care not for an inheritance, you said yourself I had asked for a divorce, but I do not think my marriage with the Sheik is that to be forgotten, I've never wished him anything but happiness and health, will you please move aside and let me see him."

"Mother these kind of discussions cannot be good for father, Let her see him for a moment and be gone." Said the elder son, a man in his thirties about ten years her senior, she gave him a polite nod of recognition, his mother stepped aside at the sense he voiced.

Beyond them, sat her recovering spouse, covered in white sheets, his eyes open looking upwards, "I apologize for not coming sooner, I was only told about your situation an hour ago…how are you feeling?" She said softly taking his hand between her own.

"I'm dying." He said in a croak, his hand cold in her own warmer ones, "I should have known…"he murmured, barely audible, "You never were content."

She almost sobbed into the sheets, her guilt escalating with the effect of his words carried in the weakest of whispers, "I don't want to see you."

"I know, but I couldn't not come."She whispered kissing his palm, "You were my savior in my time of need, I shall never forget that."

"I have spoken to my pilot to take you back home, Your belongings will reach you there."

"As you wish." She said, her voice meek infront of his hardness, she couldn't argue now, not anymore, she was a used and tossed woman.

Good for you.

Her mind jeered, if she had kept shut about her deliance in Paris and regarded it as one all this would never have happened, such dishonor has fallen over her, she couldn't lift her head anymore now.

Forgive me, father.

She then excused herself, a few cruel chuckles of her step daughters echoed behind her, whispers containing the world Slut wafted to her ears, but she ignored it.

But it was then she realized how far down she had went; it seemed to her that it was that moment of confrontation that had made her use that trait she had never used before.

Guts.

;Guts to speak out against a room full of enemies and come out, alive yet frail and defeated, she deserved it though, she knew.

Later that day she boarded the private Jet she had been so accustomed to using, the lush seats, the delicious array of trays she had always preferred, but this time it was served with catlike glances at her from the crew, they're taunting quips of "Until next time." and "See you again, Ma'am." It made her turn her iciest, sitting straight and bold through out the six hour flight home.


That was the end of her marriage.

*****************************************************************

It had been almost two months of no answered calls, or messages, he was still in Paris swamped with work, his superiors rushing him with projects and drawings, blueprints that needed his approval, his assistants working day and night to finally get it done.

He had felt selfish at the time for discarding such a turning point of his career for a chance with a dream.

His one true dream girl had eluded him once again, she had tricked him into waiting for her while she went cruising to Italy to her beloved husband, He concluded that he must have been nice company for a bored rich man's wife.

He imagined asking her,

Would anyone have sufficed for you?



His mind warred with his heart to give up the erotic thoughts of having her beside him, perhaps even more than a lover, he had wanted to take her back home as his, and proclaim it to his family.

But Alas that was never to be.


His phone rang then, "Monsieur Architect." His superior's voice joked, "Zer is one last project you must finish to return home, I already sent zee documents to your assistant, will expect your reply at the end of zis week." Said the snob frenchman.

"Oui, Monsieur Jaques, Just leave it to me." He replied in a humble tone, never one to cross down a job.

I just want to go home.

it was a silent wish, one he did not reveal to anyone but himself.

**********************************************

To be continued….

Thank you all for reading this, please leave your comments and thoughts, would love to know what you think.

I know its a bit slower than my last posts, but this is such a turning point for our characters…

Fingers crossed!! <3

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always <3 I have printed out the story from the very beginning and have started to compile your book. I shall now pint this chapter and add it to the story. =) I can't wait to the next chapter, I hope and pray that you are well. Till next time,

    - Number 1 fan, A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Arabella!! That is hands down the best reply anyone could come up with for this, Compiling them in a book? I'm so flattered!!!

      Thank you so much!! <3

      Delete