Sunday 4 March 2012

The singalong song



So the other day I was jamming with my baby sister to this really old song...



To my english speaking friends I'll write you the translation, Don't want to leave my lovelies out of this. <3



If you ask the ground about the taste of rain, it will swear it did not quench its thurst.
If you ask the wind, about the road to travel, it will reply He went on to travel.

Repeat x3



If you ask the night about the moonlight، with the ages it has lost its glow.
My love I cannot look, for in your eyes I see our beginnings drowning.

Repeat x2

Chorus:
If you ask the ground about the taste of rain, it will swear it did not quench its thurst.
If you ask the wind, about the road to travel, it will reply He went on to travel.


Orchestra...

The voice of fate made us retreat on our love, every easiness is swamped with perils.
if we drink patience, we reach disappointment, and if we seek glory we are brought down to defeat with the truth.

Repeat All.


If we forget time, wakefulness will remind us, and if we wish for pride, minutes will disappoint.
My luck is fallen, and your luck has followed the same fate, and now a lover mourns his love.






I just love this song, its so beautifully worded though it might sound a bit corny translated...I just wanted to share. :)




2 comments:

  1. I had to inform you that You have been tagged in one of my blog posts called 'ELEVEN'. Kindly visit this link and continue the topic. http://stand-alone7.blogspot.com/2012/03/11-eleven.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Lovely PrimaDonna =) I love the wording, Arabic is such a loving language with so much meaning <3

    -A

    ReplyDelete