Monday 19 July 2010

Riffa3

This post goes to my profound love for that little bit of land in center Bahrain, I love you.

I adore how every one is related somehow to another, I laugh at teenagers who think they're big bad men with they're sporty cars, and tobacco. I smile when I see an old lady helped into her car by her loving family, I relax at the many little cold stores that are so helpful they'd come out to get your order (I MISS THAT!) I feel pride when I reply, "I am from Riffa.", I reminisce about the old days, running under the newly bloomed berry tree in my grandmother's backyard, plucking all the red ones out before they turn black. I miss racing with the boys.

I wonder about an old childhood love I had, then slowly shake my head to bury the old memories...
So much has changed.

We've changed.

And here I wish I could turn back the time, staying that little girl snuggling against my fathers arm, recalling how I thought he was the handsomest man I had ever seen, with his tall fit frame, his dark hair and slightly tanned skin, his laughing eyes, his many gifts, that old dusty military uniform in his closet.
I miss you.

Take me back to Riffa3. <3

3 comments:

  1. theres no place like home !

    ReplyDelete
  2. B3d 3umry <3 Why?? Where are you now?

    Tawni raj3a mn sa3d el deen eli fil bu kuwara :P

    Keleha el bahrain 3ala galb wa7ed .. kelena ahal .. mafi deera methelha

    I loved the post <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks for passing cutie, I am currently living in Khobar, Its alright here...but nothing is like Riffa3 el9ara7a :S
    Miss you, especially now with Ramadan.

    ReplyDelete