Wednesday 22 September 2010

Happy Birthday, A.

Oh my love, how you've grown. Little A.

I knew you in the gardens, where you hid behind bushes, I knew you in the kitchen where you stole my cookies, I knew you in my room when you borrowed all my clothes.

Oh little A. How you've grown.

I miss you, my darling, your all of twenty two, how a number is so lucky to have you knocking on its door.
I love you as much as I have said "I hate you." And I did say it all through my years with you.

A younger sister of mine, your silky hair falling over your eyes, your eyes sparkling with laughter, your math books all in tatters with your careless drawings.
Oh naughty one.

You were the sun, you shined so brightly I hated it, for everyone knew me through you, everyone said "Hey! Your A's sister, aren't you?!" And I'd boil with anger at that.
HaHa.

But how can you help it? when I stood in your shadow, and refused to move out of it, when I sat in my room reading my novels where you were out making real adventures?

You were brave enough to fall in love, A.
I was afraid of it.

You were out before me, you were under the door, flying a punch at anyone who'd wrong me.
You were there.

I remember. You still cared.

And now your off to see the world, no one to stop you.
And yet.

That child in you died a little hasn't it? So have I,A.
The child in me is fallen, wrapped in a cage.
The world is ugly, A.
Keep me young.
You remember when you said it?
"I don't want to grow up!"
Well guess what A! So do I!
I want to be here, I want us to laugh, and run, and play.
I don't want to be grounded anymore.
Take me with you, A.
Don't go.
Don't go.

2 comments:

  1. WoW !!!

    You remind of a really good friend of mine. You've got the same type of soul. Pure, Strong, and beautiful. But she's probably a bit older that you.

    Wishing Your sister "Little A" a happy birthday and many happy returns <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks luv :D
    I'm sure she's having the time of her life, just miss her a lot these days.
    I hope your friend is well, I do not know if I embody, "pure, strong and beautiful!" but I'd sure as hell wouldn't turn down that compliment. :D thanks again!

    ReplyDelete