Thursday 30 September 2010

Ode to Audrey.


I have always adored Audrey Hepburn, ever since I was little and I'd see her face in posters and magazine I'd think "Wow, she's so pretty."
Back then I didn't realize what an icon she was, until a friend of mine came by my house with cake and an old "My fair lady" tape, I was hooked ever since.

I used to buy everything I could with her name on it, I remember there was a Christie's auction event, and they had her things on display to be auctioned.
I remember telling my dad I had to have a piece of her, "She's not totally gone!" I remember thinking, I was so hopeful in getting something that I could treasure from such an amazing woman's life.
Anyhow In the end I didn't get anything.
But hey! I still got the movies right?!



Needless to say The Givenchy gown Audrey wore in Breakfast At Tiffany's sold for 1Million$.

No comments:

Post a Comment